Sending Events to a Third-Party Tool
Events are bundles of information that you send to a third-party tool. Triggers determine when events are fired to a third party. For information about setting a trigger, make sure to check the Creating a Trigger topic. After setting up a trigger, it's time to tell Zaraz what data to send the third-party tools by creating events. Here is how you set them up:
- On the third-parties section, click on the tool to which you wish to send an event.
- The tools settings page will open. Click on the events tab, just below the title.
- Under the tracking events section, on the left side of the screen, you can see the list of events that are currently sent to this specific tool.
- When you click on an event, you will see its details on the right side of the screen.
- To add a new event, click on the add event button in the upper right.
- You should start by giving this event a name. The name will be used by you and your teammates when working in the Zaraz dashboard.
- Click on the firing triggers field.
- A dropdown selection will appear, from which you should choose the relevant trigger. When this trigger is valid, the event will be sent.
- Depending on the tool you are configuring, additional settings need to be added.
- Click the "Add Event" button.
- At the upper right side of the "tracking events" section, you can see the triggering rules. You can also add "Blocking" triggers. Blocking triggers will prevent this event from occurring.
- Below you can see exactly what data you are sending to your selected third-party end-point.