Creating a Trigger
Triggers are a set of conditions that you can use to determine when Zaraz should or should not send events to third-party tools. In most cases, you would like to capture specific site actions that are relevant to your business. In this case, a trigger will usually be based on an action that the end-user has taken on your website, and the indication of that action will be passed to Zaraz using the Events API, the dataLayer, or the zarazData object. For example, when a user clicks a button, you can use the Event API to track this activity and use it as a trigger to send events to specific tools.
In order to set a new trigger, this is what you need to do:
- On the triggers section, click the plus sign at the bottom of the page.
- The "Create Trigger" page will open. First, give the trigger a name. This name will be used in the Zaraz dashboard and should be descriptive.
- In order for other team members to understand the trigger, you can give it a more detailed description.
- Click "add new load rule" to set up the rules for this trigger. If these rules are met, then the trigger will be sending the event.
- When you click on the variable name field, a drop-down menu will appear. You can pick the variable that you want to validate. And then you need to set the rule operator and the value it should match.
- You can also add an exclude rule. Exclude rules are conditions that would prevent this trigger from firing. For example, if you wish to block this trigger from loading on a chrome browser, you can add it as an exclude rule.
- When you are done, hit the save button.